Guest Post from Author Suzanne Geisemann

St. Augustine writing, revising, and re-writin...
Image via Wikipedia

Messages of Hope From Beyond

Is divine guidance available to us at all times?

Do we truly have access to inspiration and wisdom beyond our present consciousness?

In the silence of meditation, I heard the words. Eyes closed, paper in my lap, I wrote the sentences as they came to me. This had happened before.  The sentiments were beautiful, but each time I couldn’t stop myself from thinking, I’m making this up.

Yes, by then I’d begun not just writing books about mediums, but practicing as one myself –bringing through unmistakable evidence for those who sat with me that their loved ones were around.  Still, where was the evidence that the words I heard alone in the silence weren’t my own thoughts?

And then it hit me with unexpected clarity:  These weren’t just random thoughts … these words were rhyming.

A line flowed from my pen to the paper, only to be forgotten as I listened for the next.  I felt the bottom of the page and turned to a fresh one until the words finally stopped.  Now it was my tears that flowed at the brilliance of the spirit world.  They knew I would never believe I hadn’t authored the words myself, so they sent me a poet.

Yes, as an author and a speaker, words were my tools, but poetry was alien to me. With my black and white brain, honed from 20 years in the Navy, I’d always felt there was only one way to interpret poetry, and if I didn’t “get it right,” then I had failed.  So I stuck to prose.

Until the day the poetry started.

Thus began my daily voyage of discovery into the wonders and wisdom of the world beyond our physical senses. The poems number in the hundreds now, and each one comes to me in deep meditation.  I merely take dictation, writing non-stop with pen in hand, paper in my lap … meaningful, multi-stanza verses in mere minutes.  Always I write with eyes closed, except for the one time the voice told me to open them and look.  When I did, I saw that my pen had run out of ink.

They didn’t want me to miss a word.

I never know the theme of the day’s poem until it comes through. The rhythm, rhyming pattern, and voice change frequently, yet always there is a comforting, loving message with the unifying thread of oneness.  The poems may never win a prize for their literary value, but those who read them tell me the words have a special calming, healing effect.  I know this is because they carry the energy of their Source.

Few may hear poetry from beyond, but is wisdom available to all of us in the silence? The poets nod their heads …

Searching for answers

You need not look far.

The answers you seek

Are as close as you are.

For your Higher Self -

That which “spirit” you call

Is connected supremely

With the Source of it All.

(From Poem #174)

A former Navy Commander, Suzanne Giesemann now focuses on writing and speaking about spirituality and the spirit world.  After authoring the Hay House biography, The Priest and the Medium, Suzanne uncovered her own mediumistic gifts.  She is now a practicing medium and channels daily spirit-inspired poetry, her Messages of Hope.

www.MessagesOfHopePoems.org and www.SuzanneGiesemann.com

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Guest Post from Author Suzanne Geisemann”

1. Greg Blencoe says:

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the post. This area is fascinating to me. I appreciate your sharing your experiences. I’ve been meditating for a couple of years. And it seems like a whole new world has opened up as a result.

Suzanne,

I’m also a writer who’s never “gotten” poetry, so I could relate to how you must have felt when the poems started coming. Being given the messages in a form you couldn’t question or doubt is such an incredible gift, really.

Hi Jean,
    I’m glad you enjoyed Suzanne’s guest post. I have to put my two cents in here as well – I too am a writer that’s never gotten poetry. I once went to a poetry reading and enjoyed it very much. I do love Suzanne’s poems though.

Hi Greg,
    I’m glad you enjoyed Suzanne’s guest post. Mediumship is fascinating. I will be writing more on the topic soon.
    The fact that Suzanne receives a poem each and every day is a miracle – it shows that she is being supported by Spirit, especially as she has made it very clear that she is not a poet.

I’m so glad to hear that you’re meditating Greg – although I think you’ve mentioned that in another comment here. Meditation does open up a whole new world. As a former meditation instructor – I’m a huge advocate of this practice.

5. Chania Girl says:

I enjoy reading and learning about things that I don’t know or understand: it keeps the wonder in my life. Thank you, Suzanne, for your guest post here and for introducing me to one of these new and amazing things. Thank you, Angela, for introducing us to Suzanne.

Hi Carla,
    I’m so glad you enjoyed Suzanne’s post and that you learned something you didn’t now about before! It’s my pleasure!

7. Hulbert Lee says:

Hi Suzanne, sometimes I also get these moments when thoughts come to me with absolute clarity. They just “work” so to say. I’m glad that you weren’t just coming up with random thoughts, but words that were actually rhyming. If you keep on believing and having faith towards what you want in life, I believe that good things will eventually come to you. Thanks for this beautiful post Suzanne.

Hi Hulbert,
    I’m glad you enjoyed Suzanne’s post and beautiful poem. She receives channeled information directly from a poet on the other-side. So, yes it’s not random!

Glad to hear that your intuitive voice is speaking to you at times Hulbert. Keep listening – you never know what gems you’ll get. Perhaps a poem will come to you too!

WOW! What a fascinating story/experience. Thank you for sharing – it’s really fascinating and the poem is beautiful!

Hi Aileen, isn’t it? I’m glad you liked Suzanne’s poem. It’s really wonderful isn’t it?

I’m happy you enjoyed the post!

11. What a wonderful poem and story! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Betsy,
    Glad you enjoyed it!

13. rob white says:

Hi Angela and Suzanne,
    There is no doubt in my mind that we can connect to what I like to call, Infinite Intelligence. One of my favorites is Bob Dylan, he often makes reference to songs that HE did not write but rather they were channeled through him. There are times when I can get to this state in my own writing. The times I have experienced it truly have been the most euphoric and enlightened feeling I have ever experienced.

Hi Rob, So glad you enjoyed this guest post from Suzanne.

I knew that you’d understand this post, being the philosopher that you are! I know you’re a very spiritual person and a meditator so it doesn’t surprise me that you feel a strong connection and communication from Infinite Intelligence.
    I didn’t know that about Bob Dylan, one of my favorite artists by the way. Very interesting.
    I too have felt this connection at times during writing where it seems to be divinely inspired and in a sense dictated to me. It’s amazing to me that Suzanne experiences this everyday though!
    Thanks for visiting and your comment!

15. Steve says:

Hi Steve,
    So glad you enjoyed the guest post by Suzanne. So nice to have you here. Thanks again for visiting and your comment.

Fabulous. For me meditation is our connection to the divine…the ultimate divinity as well as the god in all of us. It is from this connectin that I too get creative inspiration. My goal is to teach meditation to all who seek a better life and to young people that they may never lose their open hearts.

Hi Rosemarie,
    What a wonderrful and worthy goal! So true that our connection is reaffirmed when we meditate. The proof is in the creative inspiration we receive.
    Thank you for sharing your comments with us Rosemarie!